You absolutely don’t need to be vegan to enjoy this recipe. It is super easy and highly tasty!!
- 2/3 cans of drained chickpeas
- Sesame seed oil (tablespoon)
- Cumin seeds (teaspoon)
- Grated ginger (thumb sized)
- Garlic cloves chopped (2/4 cloves)
- Carton of passata or tin of tomatoes
- Can of coconut milk
- Tandoori masala (tablespoon)
- Curry powder (tablespoon)
- Sesame seeds (tablespoon)
- Chopped Red Pepper
- Peanut butter (dollop optional)
- Sea salt (pinch)
- Chilli flakes (big pinch)
- Onion chopped
- Mix the chickpeas with oil, spices, seeds, salt, onion, pepper, garlic, and ginger. Place on a deep long dish (like a lasagna dish). Bake on high heat in the top over for about 20mins.
- Lower oven temp to about 200
- Add coconut milk, passata, peanut butter, and a splash of water and cook for a further 20/30mins. Just make sure does not dry up too much and if it does add splash more water.
- I usually serve with a little bit of rice, chopped coriander, and a dollop of yogurt.