Prep time: 10mins
Cooking time: 1hr -3hrs (depending on how you cook it).
This versatile dish is easy and very tasty, my kids even like it. I cooked this in a slow cooker but it’s not essential. You can also cook it in a pot, in the oven or very low heat on the hob.
- Whole cauliflower cut into pieces
- Mustard Seeds(Teaspoon)
- Curry Powder (tablespoon)
- Coriander seeds: ground (teaspoon)
- Turmeric: (teaspoon)
- Tin of coconut milk
- Tin of chickpeas
- Garlic: grated 2/4 cloves
- Ginger: grated (thumb sized piece)
- Tomatoes: chopped x 2
- Chilli: chopped (optional)
- Toasted cashews: dry fried and chopped (optional)
How to do it?
- chop cauliflower and add to slow cooker, pan or pot.
- Add all the spices, coconut milk, ginger and garlic.
- Cook on a very low heat until starts to simmer, add tomatoes and chickpeas. Leave for 1-4hrs depending on how you cook it.
- Serve with cashews on top. Goes really well with Tarka Dhal