I can hear you now, porridge. “We dont need a recipe for that it comes in a pack and just pop it in the microwave”. Well there is another way. To be honest im not a massive fan of porridge for breakfast unless im training in the afternoon. I have it sometimes before a hard training session or sometimes as a mid afternoon snack.
What you need
- Cup of rolled whole oats (the natural ones with no rubbish added)
- Honey (not too much now)
- Nuts (up to you which ones I like are the mixed chopped ones)
- A few chopped prunes or dates
- Good spoonful of good quality coconut oil
- Tea spoon of flax or linseed
- About cup of water and milk (but you can use almond milk in its place if you like.
How to do it
- On a very low heat cook oats with the water, dried fruit, lin or flax seeds & coconut oil for about 4 mins
- Add milk and cook for about another 2mins
- Add honey and nuts and serve