Love this recipe, there are dozens of variations you can make and can adapt to use whatever you have in your house. Its quick, cheap and super tasty and nutritious. You could always make double quantities and have some for evening meal or next day.
What you need
- tin of chickpeas and or kidney beans (fully rinsed in cold water and all salt and liquid washed off)
- chopped mint or coriander (used dried mint if don’t have fresh)
- splash or olive oil.
- Lemon: Grate the rind and juice the rest of it.
- 2/3 peppers mix of colours
- 2/3 cloves of garlic
- half a pack of halluomi
- pink of chilli (optional)
- Mixed seeds whatever you have: cumin, pumpkin, sunflower.
How to do it
- Grill peppers under the grill with the garlic cloves until they start to go black remove and leave to cool and peel and chop.
- Put everything together in a bowl and mix.
- Fry the halluomi (don’t need oil dry fry is fine and cook until they are brown on each side and add to the mix).