Top Tips to reduce body fat and transform your body
1. Carbohydrates, protein, fat, and alcohol have 4, 4, 9, and 7 calories per gram respectively.
2. You need to burn about 3500 calories to lose 1 pound of fat.
3. Insulin and growth hormone have an inverse relationship. You must keep insulin under control if you want growth hormone to do its job of mobilizing fat.
4. You burn more calories during the 23 hours you don’t exercise than the 1 hour you do.
5. You don’t need to do cardio to lose weight. You only need a calorie deficit. But that doesn’t mean it isn’t a useful tool.
6. You’re never too old to do squats.
7. Adopting a new exercise regime is not only a physical one but also a mental one too.
8. You may lose weight but losing weight doesn’t always equal losing fat, it can often mean you lose water and even muscle.
9. You can’t target fat through specific isolation exercises like sit ups.
10. Muscle does not weigh more than fat – it’s just denser than it.
11. You can’t calculate body fat percentage from height and weight alone – you need to physically measure it.
12. You should never attempt weight loss at the expense of your health.
13. Trying to be perfect with your diet sets you up for failure. Strive to make progress by continually creating healthy eating habits.
14. Training for long periods is not an effective way to exercise The quality of your workouts is more important than the quantity.
16. Eating at night does not make you fat – overeating does.
17. Being skinny does not automatically mean you have a low body fat. Body composition is what matters most.
18. If bad food is in the house, you’ll be more likely to eat it.
19. Strength and HITT training are highly effective ways at reducing body fat.
20. 80% of people who begin an exercise program will quit. About the same goes for people starting a diet.
21. The body has 3 energy systems – ATP-PC, anaerobic glycolysis, and aerobic.
22. Dehydrating a muscle by 3% can cause a 10% loss of strength. Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
23. The more muscle mass you have, the more calories you burn at rest. Muscle tissue eats fat at all hours of the day.
24. Direct abdominal exercises are not necessary to get good abs. Abs are used as stabilizers when you do squats, deadlifts, and many other exercises. Only a good diet will make them visible.
25. You can lose weight and still gain muscle; likewise, you can also gain weight while still losing fat.
26. Consistency and patience are key to long term successful fat loss.